This year the school calendar includes 179 days of school divided into three terms:
- 4 September – 20 December: first term
- 7 January – 17 April: second term
- 2 May – 21 June: third term
I invite you now to take note that Saturday 19 January will be a normal day of lessons for students of all sections of the school. The lessons will take place from 09.00 to 13.00 and on that occasion, the classes will be open to external visitors as well. This half-day is counted among the regular lesson hours.
Lessons end at 13.00 on 5 Fridays throughout the year as all of our teachers busy with collaborative planning afternoons, as is required by the International Baccalaureate (IB) standards. 5 October, 23 November, 25 January, 15 March, 17 May.
There are no lessons during the following holiday periods:
- 29 October – 2 November: Half term break
- December 21 – January 4: Winter break
- 25 February – 1 March: Half term break / Ski week
- April 18 – May 2: Spring break
Leadership Team – Office Hours
Staying in contact and maintaining an open channel of communication with our families is a priority at our school. I encourage you not to hesitate to get in touch with your children’s teachers if you have doubts, questions or in the event that you need support. In the Welcome Booklet, you can find the email addresses of each teacher. Teachers can also be contacted through the Managebac platform, which many of you have used in recent years.
If you need to bring any issues or questions to the attention of the Leadership, you can make an appointment on the following days and times via the front desk or by sending an email to the Didactical teaching office firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ms. Whittle for the Primary section (Early Years and Elementary) on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 09.00 to 09.30 and Tuesday & Friday from 03.10 to 16.00.
- Ms. Pearce for the Secondary section (Middle and High School) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 08.45-09.30 and Monday from 15.00-16.00.
- Ms. Lockett specifically for the MYP Curriculum on Monday from 09.30 to 10.20, Wednesday from 15.10 to 15.45 and Friday from 08.40 to 09.30.
- Ms. Ferloni for all the issues related to the organization and life of the school community on Wednesday and Thursday from 8:50 to 10:00, Monday and Tuesday from 15:00 to 16:00
The calendar with all the events scheduled in the first Term will be uploaded shorty on the Managebac platform.
First Events of the Year
The first initiatives of the busy ISC calendar of events are aimed at fostering mutual knowledge and forming a solid TEAM. We work a lot in teams at ISC, sharing challenges and successes. We want to intentionally offer and reinforce this collaborative model with our students, young and old.
10 September 18.00: Meet the teacher night Early Years
11 September 08.50: Parent Coffee morning
12 September 18.00: Meet the teacher night Elementary
14 September: Secondary student Bonding trips
18 September 18.00-19.30: Secondary Back to school night.
20 September 09.00-10.00: Parent Workshop of supporting learning needs. (Dr. Sulla)
20 September 16.15 – 16.45: DP parent workshop on supporting students with learning accessing university
21 September 16.00: Staff & Families social event
24-28 September: Anti-bullying week
25 September 08.50: MYP workshop for parents
27 September: Whole School Sports Bonding Day
1 October 08.50: PYP Parent Workshop – Prof. Marzocchi from University Bicocca in Milan reporting data on research “Bilingual students and DSA”
5 October 13.00: Planning afternoon, students finish at 13.00
After-school activities & clubs
This year we have a wide selection of after school activities and clubs, including a new partnership with a language school – New European Language School – for Russian language courses.
We plan other collaborations with renowned sports centers in the area, including the Eracle Center and the Villa d’Este Golf Club.
I invite you to read the communication that has been sent and to encourage your kids to take part in the trial lessons next week.
Our after school coordinator is Mr. Leon Hutchinson. You can contact him at the following email address email@example.com
My best wishes to all of you for a peaceful and successful year. As always, it is an honor to lead ISC, where students are our priority and the center of all of our choices and decisions.
Head of School